The Extruder Operator will control and adjust the flow of raw ingredients in the creation and packaging of pet food kibble.
Work is primarily performed indoors near the operating equipment. Loud noise from equipment and other sources may be present. Depending on the season, the employee will need to work in hot weather. This job requires employees to follow all safety regulations.
● We would prefer a person experienced in the production of animal feed. We will consider applicants who have experience with other types of extruders and who are willing to be trained.
● Preferred background with extruder processing and packaging equipment.
● Practical knowledge of Health & Safety regulations, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
● Strong communication skills, both oral and written
● Preferred proficiency in the use of Microsoft: Excel, Word and Outlook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Knowledge of product specifications.
● The use of screeners, grinders, and grinding bin capacities.
● Proficient in regulating temperature, feed, fat, dry digest, and water rates.
● Able to achieve quality control specifications.
● Able to read and record bin/hopper levels
● Operate the extruder, elevators, turn head, dryers, coolers, fat coaters, fat injection systems
● Set up die plates and knife drive assemblies.
● Must be able to lift 20 kg of product routinely
● Check products to ensure conformity to company standards by performing quality checks for bulk density, piece size uniformity, moisture content, and nutrient content.
● Follow first in, first out FIFO protocol on all dry digest/flavour enhancers.
● Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
● Perform routine checks to verify that storage bins are empty.
● Climbing a ladder for maintenance of equipment from a catwalk/platform.
● Maintain thorough and legible paperwork and/or computer input of shift log of production and other data. Cont.
● Keep work station and the surrounding area in a clean and safe manner at all times
● Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP),
● Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
● Able to accept temporary assignment changes or to assist other areas of the plant.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
● Mechanical Aptitude
● Good troubleshooting skills
● Good technical problem-solving skills
● Demonstrated ability to read/write English
● Post-Secondary Education in a technical discipline an asset
● The employee benefits program will be covered by NPN.
Niagara Pet Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. NPN is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $38,000 to $45,000 per year 3+ years experience
If you would like to join us, please email us at email@example.com.
- Alexandra Kaufman